Tyer: Byron Bohnen
Hook: M3906 Size 8
Thread: Bright Red 8/0
Body: Plastic canvas yarn
Weight: Lead wire
1. Weight hook with 6 to 10 wraps of 0.025 lead wire.
2. Make thread dam at each end of lead wraps.
3. Make dubbing loop at hook bend.
4. Shread the end of Plastic Canvas Yarn.
5. Cut 1/4 to 3/8 inch of this dubbing materail and place into the dubbing loop. Repeat twice.
6. Twist the dubbing loop and wrap the hook shank up to the hook eye.
7. Whip finish.
8. Take hook out of vise and hold the bottom of the hook shank and point in your fingers.
9. Melt the material on top of the hook shank with a flame.