Tyer: Byron Bohnen
Hook: TMC 2487 #16-20
Thread: Red 8/0
Body: Z-lon, twisted
Head: Deer Hair, spun
Tying Instructions: Material
1. Tie in the olive Z-lon at the hook bend.
2. Twist the Z-lon into a rope. The hackle pliers may help you do this.
3. Wrap the Z-lon forward toward the eye of the hook but stay back 1/3 of the hook shank.
4. Cut the deer hair off the hide about 1/2 the diameter of a pencil lead.
5. Trim the deer hair to the approximate length. This will help in the spinning on such a small hook.
6. Spin the deer hair at the front of the hook.
7. Trim the bottom short. Trim the top short but leave the back hairs longed to simulate the wing.
Fish the Serendipity as a dropper.